Step 1: Choose the right shelter for your protection needs.
- Do you require handicap accessibility (or another family member)?
- How many people would you like your shelter to hold?
- Would you like an in ground or above ground shelter?
For a full storm shelter needs analysis click this link:
Step 2: Select a qualified, insured shelter professional
- Make sure your shelter professional has all the proper licenses, insurances, etc.
- Be sure to ask to see the qualifying documents that prove the unit to be installed meets or exceeds FEMA standards.